Friday, December 24, 2010

one day, many days

"You have got to own your days and name them, each one of them, or else the years go right by and none of them belong to you."

A Thousand Clowns by Herb Gardner

I'm thinking of the days in my life that have their own name. I'm believing in the days that slipped by, unnamed, that those days were carried on the strength of the named days.

I'm rejoicing in the belief that I've been included in some of the named days of my dears.

I'm grateful for the named days that are in my future.

I resolve to welcome each day with a name, open my eyes to its individuality, and continue in my practice to close each of my days with gratitude.

Today's name is love. family. joy.

welcome

1 comment:

cathmom said...

Whooaa. Cool idea. Named days. Many of my days of G have names. Like Yohawn and Sojai. Along with dancing, I'll be naming days. I'm sure I will need some carry me days.