Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life's Trapeze

An article written by Donna Savage states:

"I am learning to live in what I think of as 'the space between the trapeze bars.' I let go of the bar behind me (the past) and the bar I am reaching for (the future) is not yet in view. In that freefall space, magic happens."


This idea caught me by the shoulders and asked for my attention.  There is only one way to move forward, and that is to fly through the air. 

"We are the divine embrace
Here to enter the space
Between the trapeze bars
The space betrween letting go
And catching on
Where all the magic happens.
I let go and for seconds
Free fall into the void of space
My hands outreached
In faith."

I spend a lot of time fearful of the flying space.  I swing back and forth from my present bar, spending my time and thoughts longing for the next bar, but focusing on the possible drop.  That bar of the future won't come to get me.  It won't stop and let me step to it, with firm ground beneath my feet.  I've got to fly.

1 comment:

cathmom said...

pixie dust
magic
letting go is the scariest of all scary things.
by far