Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poster's Block

I have no inspiring thoughts.
I don't expect to inspire anyone, but I do enjoy inspiring myself when I write out my brain glitter.

My face hurts. It feels raw. I'm afraid to look at it again. Either I scrubbed too hard or I'm having a reaction to the pain patch I put on my hand today (Myles' suggestion). I don't like to use other people's medications. I should stick with my gut.

I have a new bed. It's 8:56 pm. I want to go to bed, so I can feel the new mattress and the new white sheets.

I have a new great niece. Dominique Bettencourt. I already love her, but I've only seen a text pic. Her parents are so smart and beautiful. I think she might be a princess.

I want to go to South Jordan. I want to go for walks and talk. I want to drink hot cocoa, then have a cleansed colon.

I have a book in my head. A children's book. I'm writing it. I am! I need to sit in my invisible chair and create a story line. My characters are ready to go.

Something feels "off".

I'm going to be in the San Francisco St. Patrick's Day parade! I'll be the one wearing a green shirt.

I'm going to look at my face now.

2 comments:

diane said...

I want to join you in San Francisco and South Jordan. A parade, a healthy colon, and hot chocolate all sound fantastic.
I have posters block all the time. I have to tap into my crazy to get anything on my blog. This also means I try not to care about what other people think of me (although that usually doesn't work).
GOOD FOR YOU writing a children's book! Can I have you autograph my copy when it comes out?

cathmom said...

Oh, it's OK to be off sometimes. Getting back "on" is good exercise, makes you stronger. South Jordan is waiting for you. All set up. Enjoy the space between new sheets.