Monday, March 1, 2010

If I Were a Color

If I were a color I would be blue.
I would be as blue as a tropical sea
I would taste like a snowcone or candy poppers.
If I were a color, I would be blue.

If I were a color I would be blue.
I would smell like the air after a cleansing rain
I would sound like the cooing of the dove at dusk.
If I were a color, I would be blue.

-------

This is the poetry pattern I taught to my students. Their poems are beautiful. Another day, I might be another color.

1 comment:

diane said...

I love that! Blue is always the color I identify with most. I often feel "blue" but not in the depressed way - I feel blue in the way you just described.
Although I sometimes feel blue in the depressed way too.
Anyway, I loved your words. You are wonderful. Your students are lucky to have you.