Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now

I've been on a Judy Collins wave.  She helped me get my classroom prepared in a peaceful, unrushed way.  So, I did some youtubing, and I found her with Graham Nash and Stephen Stills.

She and Stephen have a past together.  The way they greeted each other.  The delight in her eyes.  The embrace from Stephen.  These people have carried each other in their hearts.  I know it!  I can see it. I've been entertaining an innocent obsession with them since watching this. I've been thinking about relationships and love.

Just because a relationship doesn't lead to marriage and everlasting union, doesn't mean that it wasn't real.  A relationship can be full of love, energy, and connection, but for a variety of reasons, it doesn't or can't progress for the long haul.  This does not lessen it's value. 

Timing is key.  Personal paths and positions on the path. Sync. Alignments. Hearts. Purpose.  The relationship does not deflate, lose value, nor become frivolous, simply because it didn't lead to marriage. I wonder how many people are carrying a relationship in their heart, a locked box with a tiny key hidden under a secret rock.  Consciously ignoring it. Subconsciously embracing it.

Stephen embraced that relationship.  He acknowledge their strength.  Their union. Their love.  That's forever.  And always. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7rrszpJlI

2 comments:

cathmom said...

I love that you love Stephen. I wish he could see your blog. He and Judy are same tribe. I have this delicious new CD to sleep with tonight. Locked boxes. . .You are very cool Miss G.

Lovely Lindsay said...

can't stop thinking about this post.
thinking it counts for friendships, too.
the true ones.
+++
love, lindsay