Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ups and Downs

Last  week -
A jazzy tune

Uplifted, refreshed, happy, joyful. Cathy was here.  Time was short, but full. 
Anthropologie in Fresno. 
Whole Foods shopping. 
Late night drive in Kings County, in search of a country house.
Missy loving our friend.
Cathy learning how to get to Stratford.
A drive to Santa Cruz
Phil's Fish Market
Santa Cruz is more than the Boardwalk
Sea Cliff Drive
Rio Theatre
Brandi (thanks for bringing us to SC)
I scored a cool lunch box
Crepe House
My first time scaring a stranger
Little fear + much fear = balance
Another successful visit
The thrill in knowing we'll see each other again in a month
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week -
a melancholy ballad

Desiree
a baby losing her mother
a husband, painfully saying goodby to his love
parents, broken
friends, wondering why
me, cheated again
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy visited Briana last week.  My message to Briana was that I am continuing to build my relationship with her.  Even though I can't look into her eyes, I know her, and our friendship continues.  I am still learning and growing with Briana, but on a different plane. She is my new friend. 

I knew she was special.  I knew she was gifted beyond her years and beyond this earthly existence.  Briana was more.  And, it made sense that Cathy would be the person to bond with her.  Cathy is more, too.

Briana was the earth.  She radiated groundedness. Forest faeries dance around her, with love. 
She is the  protector.


Desiree was another young woman, who I learned this weekend, was also "more".  Her friends and family spoke of her with such honor.  Such deep admiration.  Everyone recognized her presence and her "beyond her years" gifts.  She was a creative soul.  She was a visionary for beauty. 

One of her aunts said, "Desiree would take something that another person would throw out onto the side of the road, and recreate it into something beautiful."

Desiree pursued happiness, with a loving appetite.  She was a cheerleader to others to pursue their happiness.  She was loved, so deeply.

Desiree was the heart.  She was a reminder that we have beauty all around us.  Dewdrops glisten around her, with sparkle and light. 
She is the sunrise.

Today, my heart is so heavy -
with love and good fortune. 
I am grateful that I was able to know Briana and Desiree.

And, there is a heaviness of sorrow.
I wanted more time to know both of them.
Earthly time.


Their time was short, but full.

2 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

Sometimes its just not fair, is it.
Like we enter stage right just as they exit stage left and we are left, just standing there KNOWING we've missed something beyond extraordinary.

auntgigi said...

You explained it perfectly! So true.