Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Guess who has been experimenting with blog backgrounds?!?! I stayed up late last night, searching backgrounds and cutsie additions for blogs. Be patient with me while I play with color and designs. In the end, I'll probably have a very subtle, earthy blog page.... but, I want to try on a lot of colors before I commit.

Yesterday I had my eyelid surgery. I was feeling pangs of vanity guilt about an elective procedure that would take a few years (or maybe just months!) off of my overall appearance. I'm not very swollen............ Myles is diligent about reminding me to "ice up, Pookie". I'm happy to report that I'm already experiencing an improvement in vision! I know that insurance covered this procedure for that reason, but I really didn't expect a clearer range of periferal vision. I wanted to look less tired. I'm realizing that those drooping eyelids were truly interferring with some vision! A serendipity.



The surgery was really easy. The anesthesiologist told me that the most discomfort I'd experience was the insertion of the IV needle. He was right! He put me into a deep sedation, that lasted just a short time... long enough for the doctor to use needles to numb the area around my eyes. Thank you, modern medicine!!! Good meds for sure! I woke up during the procedure, and chit chatted with the doctor, while she stitched up my eyelids. Only the best drugs can make you THAT relaxed.

I won't post pictures, but I'll tell you, I look like Cleopatra, if she was drunk while applying her eye make up. Heavy blue/red/purple eyeliner and shadow, that extends out past the eyebrow line. This would have been great if I'd done it around Halloween. My students would have loved it! I look all creepy and beat up.

1 comment:

diane said...

I want to see your beautiful picture! Post one sister!!!