Friday, July 31, 2009

Today's glitter



I cracked up when I saw this!!! I thought I'd created this idea! I've told my friends that I wish when people farted, that glitter, rainbows, and butterflies would scatter out from their butt. That is the world I want.

Last school year, after I read the book "If" to my students, we did our own "wonder ifs...." I shared with them, "wonder if when you farted, glitter, rainbows, and butterflies flew out? Then, instead of waving your hand and saying 'phew', you'd say, 'Oh, how pretty that was!' Can you imagine how 3rd graders responded to that idea?? We had huge giggles and laughs (I know..... the teacher shouldn't say the word "fart", but, come on, it's a funny word!!!)

1 comment:

diane said...

Glitter, rainbows, and butterflies DO fly out when I fart. Weird. I thought it happened to everyone.