Saturday, August 1, 2009

Droopy



I've been feeling droopy all day. I'm pretty sure I'm feeling the end of my summer vacation. June is always full of hope..... plans, lunch dates with friends I don't see often enough, projects that can be completed without the interuption of going to work, time is my own. During summer vacation, I own my time.

I want to sit by this Japanese garden. I want to read books about crystals and Journey of Souls. I want to listen to meditation music that takes me away from thought, and lets my brain travel to larger places. I want to look up from my book, come back from my mental travel, and see this place in front of me. I want to breath the air, smell the water, hear the breeze flicking the leaves. I want to feel myself being there, surrounded.

I'm not quite ready to turn myself over to the school. I need to catch my breath, before 18 third graders take ownership of me. I have 2 weeks left, but the image of summer vacation is fading before my eyes.

I'm going to sit in my invisible chair, turn on some chakra meditation music, and go on a mental drift. Maybe I'll find myself by a Japanese garden.

No comments: