Friday, August 28, 2009

Special Surprise


Disclaimer: This is a photo I took with my cell phone. It does NOT give proper credit to the magical beauty of these cards.
I felt so honored to receive a special gift from Lindsay in the mail yesterday! I'm a hog about opening a gift. I saw the package in my mailbox, and was instantly thrilled that someone sent me something "special"... other than a camouflaged sample of fabric softener, or tickets for a free dinner along with a presentation on how to manage your money!! I looked at the return address (in typical, me! me! me! fashion) and read with all the skill as one of my third graders. I read Pasco, but my brain registered Paso... so, I wondered what my niece, Paula was sending!!
Now, Paula is a dear, and VERY generous and thoughtful, but when I saw the hints of homemade and high creativity, I started to get confused. If Paula had sent a care package of baked goods, that were homemade and made with some exotic Peruvian flour, then, yes... THAT would make sense. But, crafts and creativity? My brain was finding difficulty in making sense of this special package.
Then I got it! Bingo!! It was one of Lindsay's set of flashcards!! She'd sent a set to me?!?!?! I can't begin to express how my heart filled!!! And, I'd just come home long enough to fix a cup of coffee, relax for a bit, and get a snack, only to return out to school for our Back To School Night. Perfect!! I took the flashcards with me, and draped them over the Math Center in my classroom. I was so proud to have such a "flashy" center!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, sweet Lindsay. Today, I'm sharing the attached sentiment about learning, with all the teachers. They'll love it. You are a precious soul.

3 comments:

diane said...

She is so amazing. You are one lucky woman!

Lovely Lindsay said...

yeA!
i love to send a secret special delivery. the hardest part is waiting for the snail mail to get to where it's going without spilling the beans first!
so happy they made it safe. thanks for loving my silly creation.
love, lindsay

cathmom said...

i love you and lindsay loving each other. she is great. you are great. i am lucky that you are both my special ladies!