Friday, September 11, 2009

My annoying disorder

This is not a medical disorder. It's more of an OCD disorder. I've just recently noticed myself doing this, and I have no idea how long I've been doing it. I'm aware of it, yet I still do it. Okay..... here it is. I hum "The Chicken Dance" when I'm in the shower, and while I'm getting ready in the morning. Why do I do this?!?!?! When did this start, and WHY the chicken dance?!!??

It gets worse. I not only hum the chicken dance, but I hum it in a cheesy, lounge singer style. Ugh! Really, I do this. I hate it. It's never another song. It happens. Every day. Every shower. I have no idea how long ago this started, but it's completely annoying. I do it, subconsciously, until I become consciously aware of it. I've TRIED to change tunes, but for some reason, this is the tune that keeps me moving through my morning routine.

Crap. The chicken dance??? THE CHICKEN DANCE?!?!? Are you kidding me???

7 comments:

Mama's Place said...

Hey Gina you have a fun blog. Thanks for telling me about it.

Diane's boys love the chicken dance song. But lucky for me they don't sing it every day.

diane said...

That is soooo .... weird. And I love you for it!
And by the way - it is fantastic that you never noticed it before now. :-)

cathmom said...

Can you transition to Ganja Babe?

auntgigi said...

I've tried Ganja Babe. F----ing Chicken Dance keeps surfacing. I'm sick.

cathmom said...

Gina, did you hear me last night? I'm moving to CA within 2 years. We can do karaoke. Ganja Babe. And record it. I'll be
Michael and you can be Michael. OK. Dumb. I'll be the bass player Carl but please let me do the whistle part.I dont know that chicken thing. Keep it away from me. I am susceptible.

auntgigi said...

You must do the whistle part. I'm not a good whistler. I confessed my humming disorder in the staff room this week. They are now sure I'm not running on a full tank. That's after last year, when I announced I wanted to become a Buddhist.

I can hardly wait to have you within a morning drive distance!!!! I was going to move there!!!

cathmom said...

Ooooo girl, watcha got cookin' in the pot