Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 So Far

How great is this?
It is only January 17, and I've already learned new things in this new year.

As of January 1

quinoa flakes make a great morning hot cereal
add a little Almond Breeze
a banana
1 (or 2) tspn. of peanut butter
This is a holding power food
very yum




I've learned to love Zum soap.
Goat milk feeds my skin all silky good.
Currently using Lavender/Frankincense (confession: I had to look up the spelling of Frankincense)




prayer flags

I've seen them, but didn't realize their color meanings and purpose. Torn, not cut. I like that. Thank you, Cathy. You've been teaching me new things for 40+ years. Imagine what you'll teach me during the next 40!!



Weight Watchers DOES work - 5 lbs worth since Dec. 28
(yes, the quinoa hot cereal is on the diet)
I've even been allowed a couple of cheats on fudge and lasagna - not together



And, during the writing of this blog, I've reaffirmed my passionate love for Zappos.com. My first order for 2011: rainboots. I'm planning on attending the Tulare International Farm Show in February. The weather is notorious for raining during the outdoor event, creating sloshy walkways. I placed my order this morning about 9:30 am, and just received an email from Zappos that the boots will be here overnight!! I LOVE YOU ZAPPOS!!!




So, imagine what is yet to be learned this year of 2011, if already I've added the above to my repertoire (I didn't need to look up that spelling) of knowledge.

I think I'll keep adding to this list, as the year progresses.

1 comment:

cathmom said...

GG, just come on out of the closet. You are a hippie, girl! We knew this year was gonna rock like crazy. Beautiful blog post!
P.S. I cannot spell repertoire.
January is moving out now. It's gonna be allright. (or all right or alright).