Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sensory Deprivation

Winter Doldrums

I need color

wildflowers splashing,
blue skies and blue waters,
yellows and oranges in the sky,
green, green, green.
oxygen





I need sound

waves crashing
wind humming
trees dancing




I need scents

clean air
organic forest floors
scattered seaweed


I need to feel

sandy feet
cushy redwood needles decomposing
redwood creatures in my hand, tickling
cool forest air, dewy, leftover morning mists
rays beating on my face, re-energizing my soul





My January hibernation is making me twitchy.
I'm feeling ready to kick off the grey blanket.
My soul is feeling suffocated, and needs to breathe.
Stretching arms
legs that need to jig
This burrow is getting small, restrictive.

I'll work harder at accepting the need for this time of quiet.
February will tease
March will open
April will deliver

1 comment:

cathmom said...

January leaves you no choice.
Introspect.
There's a reason for spring that only January knows.
Twitchy, itchy, witchy, bitchy. .
Is there anything good that's -itchy?