Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sage Cleanse

I decided to sage my home today. I do it whenever I feel like it needs an energy uplift. I love the deep smell of the sage. I love how the smoke curls up from the bundle, like it knows it's purpose. I ask the sage to gather any negativity in my home and corral it, then carry it out of the open windows after it's been harvested.

I felt better afterwards.

This is my spirit basket. Contents are:

* sage bundle from Mendocino County
* smudging feather - purchased with sage
* palo santo stick
* labradorite - (protective while traveling. This one is going to Utah)
* jet (naturally protective)- Brass Unicorn in Fresno
* snowflake obsidian - (new beginnings) - Ojai
* not sure what the white one is, how it got in there, or where I got it.

2 comments:

diane said...

I have never smelled burning sage. Now I am curious.
I know how you feel about the cleansing thing, though. We have lived in our little house for 7 months, and we finally got around to blessing it last week. We needed to. We need our space to be more conducive to peace and harmony and God.

cathmom said...

I love sacred spaces. Your basket is beautiful. Orderly, purposeful and just plain happy to look at.