Sunday, May 2, 2010

summer

I keep thinking about summer. Not the heat. Each season fogs the memory of how hot summer can be. So does indoor air conditioning.

I'm thinking about my travel plans and my first big solo, cross state line adventure.

I love to plan for "something". To pick up the idea in my head and look at it from every angle.

I love options and researching the best option.

How can I get the most bang for my buck? Southern route the first leg and take the across/northern route on the return trip.

I love an open-ended plan, with no restrictions. I really love no restrictions.

I wonder what my brain will think about during those hours alone on the road?

I will plan my music playlist and I'll plan on loud singing on the way.

I'll try to not be in a hurry.

I'm excited to have my own car so I can throw in whatever I need and probably a lot of what I won't need. (no restrictions)

Oh! I just remembered... SNACKS!!

I need this trip. I need to breathe. I need to reboot.

I feel screamy in my heart!

3 comments:

diane said...

Please tell me where you are going. Is Arizona in your plans? I hope it will be one day.
A lifetime ago, I took a trip to Kentucky all by myself (it was for training). I rented a car and drove from Louisville to Lexington, since the Lousville flight was cheaper. Driving so far, all by myself, in a completely "foreign" place was a beautiful and empowering experience. I felt so free, so brave.
You are going to love traveling with yourself.

auntgigi said...

One day, Arizona will be in my plans. Actually, more than just one day. I want to get to know Arizona (and your children!) This time I'm driving to South Jordan and spending time at Camp Cathy.

I like your story of traveling alone and feeling free and brave. I could use a good dose of that feeling.

cathmom said...

Camp Cathy! I love that. I think I'll have Unc Jack make some Tshirts! I feel so macho, like a drill sargeant! I'll send you an application and you can choose some options!
Yes, you will love solo road tripping. Beware, it is addicting. I am susceptible as you know.